Thread: She left
View Single Post
Old 08-17-18, 05:38 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,407 Times in 15,013 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: She left

I saw Becca last Tues and asked her how her job was going at Panera. I know her like the back of my hand and could tell something wasn't right. She said fine but I knew it wasn't. Thurs I found out she got fired. What happened is they have a conversion van that is parked at the house that takes them to their program,meetings and errands. She made arrangements to get a ride to work. It was late getting there so she had to walk and she had to walk on an awful highway. She was late and she said that when she got there they fired her because she wasn't the right fit and had to let her go. This is the same place that called her a breath of fresh air a week ago.... I havent asked her yet but I wonder if she let on she was in a sober house in recovery. She had put veiled references to recovery and sobriety on facebook which I told her not to do because it is no one's business but she is so young and doesnt understand how people can be judgemental. So I wonder if she blabbed and word got out and rumors swirled so she got let go.. then again what if she is lying? I talked to her thurs and she was crying saying how she is so depressed.

She said she is all alone and that when I got sober I had my family. I told her she still has us but it has to be this way because she cant go from living and going wild to moving right back in with us to the same environment that she was in when she took off. I am trying to save her life here. She understands that she has caused this stuff to be this way but I can feel her regret on my soul.

We had her over for dinner on Tuesday and we were talking around the table about stuff she has missed out on and I could recognize what she felt on her face. She is feeling the pain of all that she actually gave up and missed out on and knows she has no one to blame but herself. She missed graduation, prom, gave up her job, alienated her family, etc. I know I had to swallow the regret when I realized the stuff I missed out on like my daughter's concerts and other functions because I couldnt be far away from my alcohol. It was weird when she left because you could see the mood change and that she was bittersweet and sad to go home. And then my husband said when he got there the other girls were out and she went home to an empty house.

I am going to go to an Al-Anon meeting which is a support group for loved ones with addicts in their families. I poo-pooed it because I have AA but I feel very responsible for the emotional wellbeing of my whole family and have spent too much time worrying about everyone else and taking it on myself...its not healthy and this group is supposed to help you deal with things in a healthy way. Worst thing that happens is its not for me and I do not go anymore but why should I have such an ego that I assume it wont help and not try?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-17-18)