Thread: She left
View Single Post
Old 08-17-18, 12:19 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,394 Times in 15,005 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: She left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Sarah can I ask why she can't move in with you again? I mean what are the cons? Would she like to move back?
I forget the statistics but the instances of relapse are significantly higher in people who go from rehab right back to the environment they left when they were abusing drugs and alcohol. Her abuse started way before she ran away. Plus she broke into the house, lied and stole, snuck out, etc. We would need to see her get some sober time under her belt before she moves back in. We are also trying to be cautious with Ella because she was absolutely traumatized by the crazy drama and chaos that Becca caused. We are trying to rennovate our front room to become our bedroom and then will rennovate our current bedroom to become Ella's room and the room that was shared by the two will become Becca's room assuming all the right stuff is worked on and she continues to move forward. Relapse is not a requirement but it is common in any circumstance but especially when you go from rehab right back to the place you were living. Lots of triggers that you need to be able to overcome and those skills take time.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (08-19-18), Caco3girl (08-17-18), Fuzzy12 (08-17-18), Lunacie (08-17-18), namazu (08-17-18), tudorose (08-17-18)