View Single Post
Old 08-18-18, 01:39 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,581 Times in 15,085 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help! ADD lead to my anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin325 View Post
I have always had problems with concentrating, listening to people, being disorganized, and sticking with things as a little kid. I never thought I would have ADD because I was never the kid bouncing off walls and school was really easy for me until I went to a psychiatrist for the first time because I have had a lot of emotional problems and anxiety because I canít get things done and itís been getting worse and worse. She mentioned I might have some attention deficit but to focus treating my anxiety first since ADD meds can make anxiety worse.
So did your doc diagnose you with adhd?

Quote:
I am super against stimulants and drugs If I donít need to take them, but my life has hit rock bottom and I needed to do something about it.
Why stimulants? No one wants to take medication if they do not have to but if you do have to its no different than needing insulin for diabetes or reading glasses to read.
Quote:
I was really really scared to take anti -anxiety meds, but I thought I would just try it. The first day I took Effexor I had ALL the side effects and they were severe, so my psychiatrist told me to go to the ER and thatís what I did. When I came home I felt like a Blob, I canít explain it anymore than feeling like a blob. The next morning, I felt like I was hungover, nauseas, headache and very bad anxiety from nothing.

So my psychiatrist tried prescribing Lexapro, side effects werenít as bad, but my anxiety still had increased and makes me more restless, but at the same time not wanting to do anything. Just the worst feeling.
Certain classes of antidepressants work better than others.

Quote:
The LAST thing I want her to do is prescribe me Xanax, because I feel like thatís not addressing the root of my problem.
Some people need meds like xanax and when taken responsibly can be very effective.

Quote:
I feel my anxiety gets worse because I canít seem to accomplish anything anymore, I have so much stuff to do for work that I feel like my head is going to explode. Iíve only been on this stuff for a 1 week and I know it takes a while for these meds to have full affect, but I canít keep doing these meds when I know I feel like crap, these meds arenít right for me, and itís effecting my performance at work.
Besides anxiety is there anything else she diagnosed?

Quote:
How do I tell my psychiatrist to focus more on treating my add than my anxiety? I understand Adderall can make anxiety worse but these anti-anxiety meds are making my anxiety worse. I honestly feel if I can get things accomplished then my anxiety will get better!
The thing is when it comes to mental health treating things like anxiety and depression before the adhd is good form. They are something that can muck up your treatment for adhd.

I carried a watermelon?