View Single Post
Old 01-28-17, 05:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,561 Times in 1,202 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ECT - has anyone tried it?

Thanks for sharing ... very informative.

I read a great book by a woman named Martha Manning, a psychologist who suffered from severe depression. She reported on her successful treatment with ECT.

There was a recent article in the New York Times about Kitty Dukakis, wife of the former governor of Massachusetts, Michael Dukakis. She suffered severe depression and was helped enormously by ECT ... and she runs a support group for people considering ECT or who have undergone the treatment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/31/u...vangelist.html

I have a friend who had a close friend who was severely depressed ... and had been for quite a while. I immediately said to my friend, If I were her, I would go for ECT. Well ... months later she did undergo ECT ... and the last I heard, the friend was doing MUCH better.

I guess it's good to know that there is this option all there for people who have deep depression that isn't responsive to any other meds or therapy.

Tone
The Following User Says Thank You to ToneTone For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (01-28-17)