View Single Post
Old 06-08-19, 03:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,768 Times in 14,149 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is knowledge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Our knowledge is designed to fit into our sense of reality, but our sense of reality is limited by our senses.

What if knowledge is nothing more than what seems to fit, rather than what truly is?

We've all seen optical illusions. Our minds make assumptions about the illusions we see, until the solution to the illusion is revealed to us.

What if our entire sense of reality is just an illusion and our knowledge is merely assumptions based on that illusion?

What if all of our knowledge is fundamentally wrong because we can't escape the illusion of reality in order to see how it is actually performed?
Yes you are right. We can't actually see or sense or perceive anything as it is. Ie We can't know if we are perceiving it as it is. We can't even be sure that anything actuall "is" including ourselves. I used to call it "living in my world", ie living in this bubble that is defined purely by my own thoughts. Everything that I know of is a part of this bubble. You are a part of my bubble. Who knows if you really exist or what you really are. It used to trouble me quite a bit (not knowing) but strangely I've made my peace with it. At least for now. Anti depressants helped....

It's possible that everything we think is knowledge is wrong. A lot of it is but that is one of the beautiful things about science. The ability to be wrong and to keep searching for the right answer. Even then we can never be sure and no matter how much something has been proven there is always the possibility that it is wrong or that everything is wrong. However if we don't know what is the truth and we can never know does it matter what we believe? It's like if we are giving an infinite number of paths that we can each with an infintesimally small chance of being the correct one does it matter which path we take? Especially.comsidering that we don't even know the destination.

Sorry I'm rambling .I'm in a hurry. It's good to see you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (06-08-19), Fraser_0762 (06-08-19), Little Missy (06-20-19), sarek (06-20-19)