View Single Post
Old 03-20-17, 12:36 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,203 Times in 1,562 Posts
Luvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Restless leg syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxblu View Post
So this is an ADHD thing, too? I just thought it was me being weird but I guess it's ingrained. Unless I'm misunderstanding... Are you referring to the need to move your legs or feet around while sitting still or lying in bed?

If so... If I'm stuck in a meeting or a class I try to kind of stretch my muscles while keeping my legs and arms still - kind of an alternate stretch. The feeling of needing to move definitely makes it harder to pay attention to what's being said and I can only sit there so long before I find an excuse to get up. In meetings, I try not to get there early so I have an excuse to stand in the back.

If I'm in bed and trying not to wake my husband, I try to control the need to move - but then it makes me feel confined and slightly claustrophobic. I can do this for a short time and then I have to get up and sleep on the couch so I can move as much as I want. This doesn't happen to me 100% of the time so I don't know what causes it sometimes and not others.

Or are you referring to doing this subconsciously in your sleep? My husband does that sometimes and it drives me insane. Like once a minute or so he'll move his legs. It'll only last for a couple of seconds, but it takes my mind a while to settle down from that movement. By the time I can stop thinking about it and start to calm down so I can try to sleep, he does it again. So once again, I go sleep on the couch (just like when he snores or breathes ) - otherwise there will be no sleep for me.

Restless leg syndrome is:

"Approximately one in ten adult Americans suffer from Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS), also known as Willis-Ekbom Disease. This sleep-related movement disorder is known best for its overwhelming and often unpleasant urges to move the legs while at rest."

It is an unbearable, uncontrollable urge to move your legs. It drives you BONKERS.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvmybully For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-21-17)