View Single Post
Old 06-14-12, 02:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,111 Posts
Joker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How did you react to being told you had ADHD?

Suprise. I thought only kids could have it. I was going to a counselor and he said has anyone ever suggested you had ADHD? I said, "what when i was little? No, not really, why? My son has it." and he said because he had it too and i seemed real ADHD ish to him. He gave me a little quiz and it said YES. Then i had to go to a psychologist and she asked me a lot of questions. I had to take tests. They sent questionairres about my behavior to my husband and one of my friends, and i had to do one too. Then, she said i had it too. I was kind of suprised. I thought i was just depressed and a space case.

After suprise, then depression and disappointment. I felt like it was just another way that i was crazy, that couldnt be fixed. I already had to live with depression, anxiety, and trust/ self esteem issues. Now i had another thing wrong with my brains.

The Drifters Game:http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141997
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joker_Girl For This Useful Post:
salleh (06-25-12), tudorose (06-14-12)