View Single Post
Old 02-16-18, 09:12 AM
Forum Guru

Caco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud of
Re: Parenting a boy with ADHD

Sorry to be blunt here, actually this is a sorry not sorry situation.
1. ADHD is a medical diagnoses, much like high blood pressure is. If Jack doesn't get the accommodations and special instructions he needs he will fail, it's just that simple. Much like if a high blood pressure person doesn't do a near salt free diet they will never have a chance of improving.

2. The attitude of your husband will NOT change. You have to decide if you can live with that, and if your child/ren can thrive in that environment. I made the choice that I couldn't live like that, and my children shouldn't have to. Before I made that choice I tried counseling, seeking advice from his family, and spent two more years trying desperately to make it work. He was also unhappy and turned to drugs and alcohol to hide. My situation was desperate, yours may not be. The divorce was hard on the kids, but he didn't have a leg to stand on after his 5th dui, so I got custody. Both kids have IEP's, both kids aren't walking on egg shells anymore, and that makes it all worth it.