View Single Post
Old 04-14-18, 11:11 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,024 Times in 7,486 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you feel dismissed because you can seem so normal?

(((((((Lun Luns)))))))

I'm dealing with an overbearing "case manager" (the guy I vented to you about earlier this week) who's putting a lot of pressure on me...and he has this whole attitude that I'm "self victimizing" (his term) and he keeps telling me that he sees that I can do things and that I'm capable...so why do I keep stopping myself.
Like I'm meaning to do it?
He also seems reluctant to give me the full help I could get from him and a program I'm in because I think he thinks I'm pretty much normal.

It is frustrating though and not entirely his fault...
Cause damn it...when I'm out in the public and around him...I am pretty much normal. /facepalm. I'm goofy and intelligent and look fine and act well. I don't have any speech impediments, nothing physically wrong with me (except for being heavy set). And when I'm doing good mentally, and am around people I'm at least half way comfortable with...I can usually do pretty well holding conversations and doing small talk (have always had trouble with small talk).

And...I also have a hard time asking for help too. I just don't like doing it.
But with my parents now gone, I've gotta start asking for more help.

So in his defense, he only sees me when I'm strong. He's never seen me when I'm really struggling.

He is one of the people running a group I'm in though, and I have discussed at length some of the biggest struggles I go through to him and the group...I just don't think it's sunk in on him. He doesn't get it.

I did bring this up to him the other day (in group). That I feel like some people don't take me and my disorder serious or realize how much help I could really use, because they don't realize how much I truly struggle everyday. He didn't say anything. Just wrote some notes.
I think he think's it's a bunch of bs. /frustrated

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
daveddd (04-15-18), Lunacie (04-15-18), PoppnNSailinMan (04-16-18)