View Single Post
Old 12-23-17, 02:12 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 13,183 Times in 6,532 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DWI from Adderall, and cops didn't see me driving?

Holy freaking hell...what a mess!

Did they end up taking you home in the end? Or did you actually end up in jail after going to the hospital?

I'm real sorry this happened to you!

I don't think the police were in the wrong here though. But I feel like I should keep my opinions to myself in this case. I tend to side with the police on these kinds of things. Then again, I've been lucky to never have had a real bad experience with police (even when I was arrested and put in jail. Even the jail's correctional officers were respectful to me).

To me the initial police officer was just doing a routine check up on you and your friend. Was just checking things out...making sure nothing fishy was going on. He didn't know anything other than there was a couple people sitting in a car after dark for a period of time. You could've been smoking drugs, or scoping things out getting ready to rob a house or something...or who knows what else. He was just doing his job to check on things.
To me, it's when you left the car without the police officer telling you to exit that was the key here. I personally would've strongly advised you to have stayed in the car till the officer said otherwise. It only gave him more reasons to be suspicious.

He might of ordered a dwi test...not for alcohol, but for possibly suspecting you were high on drugs (which would explain why they didn't have you do a breathalizer). I think it's SUPER screwed up he took your glasses off though. I mean...wtf is up with that? I don't get that at all. I wonder if that's routine? Do they ALWAYS take glasses off people for these tests? I'd have a hard time without my glasses walking a straight line or keeping my balance.

What a brutal ******* night for you though man...I'm so sorry you had to go through that crap.
I may not find fault in the police officer here...but I do completely empathize with you and think it's all very messed up that you had to experience this.

(((Hugs)))

I hated waiting for court too. I spent 18 days in jail, then got released finally awaiting my trial...and that waiting time was terrifying...knowing that so much power was in the hands of the judge. He could've thrown the books at me and sent me to prison for years...and there would've been nothing I could do about it. With a quick decision my life could be over like that...and I'd never felt so powerless before. It was overwhelming.
(Luckily my attorney was a super bad ***, and I also had an amazingly honest and good hearted judge who didn't treat me like just another number or criminal, but really listened and cared).

I'm wishing you the best...I'd be angry if this doesn't get thrown out though...bleh.

(((Hugs)))

I'd love to hear updates as this progresses.

Oh, and p.s.
No...Adderall did NOT seem to impair my ability to drive a car. It did the opposite for me. It made me more aware, and gave me the ability to focus on driving which I have a hard time doing unmedicated. I'm a better driver on Adderall then when I'm not on it.

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
daveddd (01-14-18), Lunacie (12-23-17)