View Single Post
Old 02-20-19, 04:29 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,443 Times in 751 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all
Was this Pure-O or something else?

I was never diagnosed with OCD and if I have it, it's more likely the Pure-O variety because I'm not the type of person that feels like I have do the same thing over and over a certain number of times to make sure everything is okay.

I sometimes I can feel hung on the uncertainty that comes from not knowing something, but once I'm informed with what I want to know, I move on. I don't feel the need to go over it again and again. I've found this generally happens in social situations and feeling confused about other people's intentions and expectations.

I had a weird experience where I had what I suppose without be an obsessional fear that "what if so-and-so is out to get me". I knew the obsession wasn't rational, but I felt like I needed to be reassured that wasn't true. I didn't get that reassurance until a year and a half later and then the obsession went away.

Ironically, speaking of uncertainties, I'm not sure if this is typical of Pure-O or not or if it's even OCD at all. How is it that I was longing for reassurance (I never got it, I was only ignored), but then after I got it, the obsession went away? What's the deal with that?

It sort of feels like I had some form of situational ERP therapy in which someone would ignore my reassurance seeking emails and then when they got tired of it, they gave me the reassurance and suddenly that's the end of it, I don't feel the need of reassurance...

Last edited by TurtleBrain; 02-20-19 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: better title
The Following User Says Thank You to TurtleBrain For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-20-19)