View Single Post
Old 06-30-10, 12:35 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,644 Times in 5,041 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADHD and Cheating -- Related?

No value judgment.

I was diagnosed with Minimal Brain Dysfunction (aka ADHD) as a child. I am primarily hyper/impulsive. I was medicated off and on until puberty. After that time, ADHD no longer existed. Or at least according to the brightest minds.

I have been married twice. I did not find it necessary to cheat on my husbands, I am currently in a monogamous relationship of six years or so with my partner. I have not, nor could conceive of, sleeping with another man.

My partner has terminal cancer. I cannot conceive of being with anyone else ever.

I still have ADHD.

If one cheats, that is on his/her own. ADHD doesn't cause infidelity. It causes disruption to executive function.

Why you cheated on that relationship is deeper than ADHD and truthfully, has little to do with ADHD.

Just my two cents.

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ADHDTigger For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-11-19), greenmonkey (06-30-10), Imnapl (06-30-10), meadd823 (07-01-10), RedHairedWitch (06-30-10)