View Single Post
Old 12-01-16, 01:49 PM

AED1955 is on a distinguished road
Re: trouble filling adderall prescription/finding pharmacies carrying a specific gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33Forward View Post
Pretty soon, it will be commonplace for docs and pharmacies to e-script everything, everywhere. You watch. It will be under the guise of controlling rampant prescription drug abuse, and you'll see a couple cases where the pharmacist misread (couldn't accurately decipher) a docs handwritten script, dispensed the wrong meds and someone ends up in the hospital with severe complications (or worse). It will be a high profile case, probably a child or teen. Then the atty general will push to copy NY, citing all sorts of cases and numbers and random data on how NY is doing so well now...

I mean, NY is already pushing for a 7 day script for opioid pain relievers. Go ahead and make someone who is already suffering in severe pain make a trip out to the pharmacy a weekly deal. They screw up stuff once a month and its annoying enough. Imagine having to deal with that 4x as often.

Just another example of taking away your freedom of choice, and the state wants to babysit you, because they know better than you, and want to keep you "safe" from yourself.
It's just the opposite in Ohio. Schedule II drugs can ONLY be filled by paper script, no phone in or E-scripting is permitted. I only see my doctor every other month, so to avoid me having to go to the office every month to pick up a script he writes two with the same date on them. One that can be filled immediately and the second has the wording "can be filled no sooner then 28 days after the date on this prescription". One thing I have noticed is that scripts I have received lately are printed on special paper to deter the practice of alteration. Don't know if this is a requirement of the state or not.

Very soon I believe all laws regarding the filling of prescription drugs will be controlled by the Fed's and the individual states will have no say. For instance, Vicodin aka Hydrocodone was recently changed from a schedule III to II drug by the DEA, making it harder to obtain by legitimate pain patients.