View Single Post
Old 01-13-18, 10:04 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Being friends with someone with ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanLRC2015 View Post
Yeah I know it can be hard. I have trouble making friends too, and keeping them as well. In the past before my college years I did try to fit in but it never worked well so thatís why I didnít try as hard in college. My friend felt the same way. She tried way too hard in college and when that failed, she pulled away. Yeah now that I know more about ADHD, I can see why she is the way she is at times. I used to think she just didnít give a crap, and in some cases she really doesnít and has even admitted it, but in other cases it is just her ADHD. I do give her credit for not using her ADHD as an excuse for bad behavior though. And I am glad you told me how you deal with ADHD and i hope you find friends that will last a long time.
That's super common for people in general to struggle with creating meaningful friendships in college. ADHD can make it even harder. Research shows that quality matters a lot more than quantity, so if you think of her as one of your quality friends, then just make sure that you're communicating to her whatever needs you have as a friend!