View Single Post
Old 01-04-17, 06:55 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,906 Times in 9,305 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute
Ideas for fixing sensory issues

This thread is the post your different ideas on how to fix/lessen sensory issues you experience.

Here are some things I've done to help alleviate some of my sensory issues:
- I wear 32db earplugs when going to sleep and just throughout the day. Especially when going into stores or in public this is much needed. I had no idea how much regular noise overstimulates me and causes me anxiety.

- I wear a sleeping mask to bed most nights because I am sensitive to the sunlight and I don't sleep as well without my eyes covered.

- Brushing my teeth was something and still is a thing I struggle with because of the sensory issues it causes me. But I have found a soft bristled toothbrush that is less harsh on my teeth and gums, and I use kids bubblegum toothpaste because it isn't as strong and doesn't hurt as much as adults peppermint toothpaste.

- The lights and fan in the bathroom overload me, so I put a night light in and use that instead, and that really helps with my bathroom sensory overload. It really reduces my anxiety and makes the bathroom experience more pleasant. I don't feel so overloaded anymore and I had no idea how much it was stressing me until I switched and only use a night light now.

- I can't stand it when towels and my clothes in general are dried just without anything to make them softer, it scratches my skin and irritates me. So I throw in unscented fabric softener sheets in the dryer with the clothes, towels, blankets etc.

What are some things that you do to help lessen sensory issues and overload?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-04-17), Lunacie (03-22-17), stef (01-04-17)