Thread: Meds and ED
View Single Post
Old 05-19-18, 01:30 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Meds and ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovereian View Post
I knew it. Even with the disclaimer in my first post in not caring about getting replies of medical literature debates and just ideas based on a person's real life decision making. Just one person had to do it. No one ever said in this post that ED and ADHD are the same disorder. No one in this post anyone said they relied on ADHD meds for libido. Nobody asked how stimulants works concerning blood flow. Why did you hijack my thread to satisfy your needs? Trust me I get it. I like to hear my own voice as well. Its empowering.
I'm sorry. Looking back, I agree with you that my post was not helpful. Instead of assuming worst intentions about me, I would ask you to consider other possibilities...I wasn't trying to hijack your thread. I was probably simply distracted (I have ADHD and have only been getting a couple hours of sleep per night lately) and my mind must have conflated your stories with others.

Quote:
Are you on ADHD meds and ED meds and was it successful?
ADHD meds: yes
ED meds: no [too chicken to ask doctor]

Quote:
Real life desicion making suggestions highly appreciated.
Which ADHD meds best control your ADHD symptoms? Stick with that regimen. Then supplement it with an adequate dose of ED pills (you'll probably have to do some trial and error).

My personal experience [since you're asking for it] is that I cope with it by lowering the dose, changing the timing of the medicine, adjusting my partner's expectations, etc. Ideally, the simplest solution would be for me to ask my psych for ED meds. But if my actions were rational, I wouldn't need to being see psych in the first place, right?