View Single Post
Old 10-23-18, 05:17 PM
ADDvanced Member

Daniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to beholdDaniel1970 is a splendid one to behold
Re: How to de-stress / relax in the moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I get super stressed and frustrated a million times in a day mostly about stupid little things that go wrong, like being late or too much traffic. I can actually feel my blood pressure rising and adrenaline soaking my system. Well, I don't know what exactly it is I'm feeling but my point is that it's a very physical reaction and it's very strong. This can't be good for me.

A lot of these stressors I can't avoid so I need a way to relax in that very moment when I can feel that my blood is starting to boil. Trying to reason with myself or telling myself it's no big deal doesn't work. I've tried breathing exercises but they don't really seem to help for some reason. Is there anything else I could try?

The only constraint is that it has to be something that I am able to do alongside something else (eg while.im driving) so things like "taking a bath" won't work.
I get stressed while driving sometimes, and sometimes it helps to pop in the 10% happier app I use and use one of the on-the-go meditations; there's a good one for driving, one for commuting, and one for on the way to work.

They chill me out pretty good.

D.

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

Breathing is not optional. - Dr. Raymond Wertheim

What do you care what other people think? - Arline Feynman, to her husband, American physicist Richard P. Feynman

D.

Last edited by Daniel1970; 10-23-18 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: typo
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daniel1970 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-23-18), Greyhound1 (10-23-18), kwalk (11-24-18), mildadhd (10-24-18), namazu (10-23-18)
Sponsored Links