View Single Post
Old 02-12-19, 09:27 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: self acceptance piece number, heh.... pondering about stuff.

I do not mean any disrespect by this:

You seem to like to talk about yourself and how smart you are or creative and special you are. I have no idea if this is true or not but it perplexes me because you say you are proud but the way you talk isn't pride at least not entirely:
Quote:

Pride is an inwardly directed emotion that carries two antithetical meanings. With a negative connotation pride refers to a foolishly[1] and irrationally corrupt sense of one's personal value, status or accomplishments,[2] used synonymously with hubris. In Judaism, pride is called the root of all evil. With a positive connotation, pride refers to a humble and content sense of attachment toward one's own or another's choices and actions, or toward a whole group of people, and is a product of praise, independent self-reflection, and a fulfilled feeling of belonging.
I am not saying you are not proud, and I have no idea if you are really a super genius or the most creative person I would ever meet-that doesn't matter to me but- to be honest its offputting to read or hear from anyone. This isn't an attack I am truly confused.
I am proud that I am sober and on my anniversery I will share how long but I really try not to talk about how well I do it, how I overcame it and how great I am because of it. I work with a lot of addicts and volunteer in some unsavory places but I do not go around telling all my recovery friends what I am doing or how awesome I am to the women in the prisons. I try and make a difference using the skills I have to help when I can. It feels great to know I am helping but it feels great to me on the inside. It may give me self confidence and security in who I am but I do not need to share how sober of a person I am and how awful I used to be and how awesome I am now. Its sort of like being a silent success. The only recognition I need is from myself. I do not see the need to talk about how intelligent you are. Even if you are struggling with self acceptance or self love. It would be something for a therapy session that's for sure- a therapist can help you work on self acceptance and reliance but it isn't anything that others need to be told. They will know these things about you if they are true by how you behave and your actions. We are never remembered for what we say, we are remembered by what we do. Being proud and even accepting of good things about ourselves means being humble. It just comes off the wrong way otherwise. Like I said I am not trying to be mean or pick on you I just felt the need to share this and to see if I am the only one who sees things this way.
I mean I do not feel envious of you or wish I was as intelligent as you are. I am secure at being average in intelligence and perhaps above average in emotional intelligence. I do not wish to be any other way than the way I am. But who knows? Maybe I need to check my motives or something. Maybe I am missing the bigger picture. I am not above being wrong or misunderstanding.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Batman55 (02-13-19), Kasie B (02-12-19), psychopathetic (02-13-19)