View Single Post
Old 08-19-19, 05:22 AM
ADDvanced Member

Kaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to all
Re: Fear of taking the first pill?!

Than came the depression...

and i stopped writing here. I was more bones than flesh and had to stop the Concerta immediately.

I'm on Escitalopram for the past year now. It works, in fact i thought it worked so well, that i could try to lower the dose and stop. Because it still scares the hell out of me to be depending on meds, and i gained too much weight and lost my libido. Well, that turned out to be a bad idea. In 2 months time, i became 'totally adhd" again: skipping from one subject to another, no focus, agitation, not happy, feeling stuck... so last week i doubled the dose again, and i feel it working already... more peace in the head.

When do i accept the fact that my brain is not doing well without meds?! It's not a matter of me not doing my best. It's not weak. It's not the easy way out. In fact, there is no way out without meds. The side-effects are far more bearable than the symptoms. Switching the dose proves that, as i tend to forget how things were before or even deny there was a problem at all.

I'm seeing my psych this week to talk about further treatment. I was thinking about suggesting dexamfetamine? Because even though i'm less depressed now, i'm still in freeze mode too much, doing some volunteer work now (with animals, it's great! they take me as i am and it doesn't feel as work at all) but have to prepare for a paying job *** well!