View Single Post
Old 08-19-19, 12:13 PM
ADDvanced Member

benito is on a distinguished road
Re: Fear of taking the first pill?!

Escitalopram is an antidepressant, indicated for generalized anxiety and works very well for social anxiety (I tried it in the past). The problem is that when taken without stimulants, you will not be treated for adhd. I have read the entire post and I see that you suffer from two problems: ADHD and anxiety. According to Barkley, in adulthood it is very likely that the two disorders coexist together, for all that we have been "dragging" since childhood. I tried the combination of escitalopram and concerta and it worked very well. Another option, which I think will be better than escitalopram, would be to try the duals (duloxetine or venlafaxine), since they also "touch" norepinephrine, and that helps with adhd, but each person is a world and responds differently to medications . Seeing that you have improved a lot when taking escitalopram, it is clear that you suffer from anxiety and / or depression. I recommend that you talk to your doctor and propose to return to the concerta without removing the escitalopram, or to evaluate other options such as those I have mentioned before (duloxetine or venlafaxine). I hope it has been helpful for you. Greetings.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, but I have been 9 years of treatment and have tried several medications. Understand that my assessment does not have to be correct, that's what doctors are for, talk to yours, don't leave it.
The Following User Says Thank You to benito For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (08-19-19)