View Single Post
Old 09-08-08, 03:13 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Luthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud of
Re: Do you tell people you have ADD?

This is something that I am going to be faced with very soon.

I moved back to Europe four months ago and have been doing some project work, but now I want to find a more steady job which is eventually going to involve telling or clamming up.

For now I am inclined to be open. Because, in my work, it does make a difference. They will notice soon enough and then it is definitely better to have been open. I mean - I cannot act as if I do not know - so that is not an excuse for me anymore. What's more .. if I am open about it, it may change their view on ADD; it may make it easier to "make a little room for it". People generally appreciate openness.

It is probably very important to explain a bit what it is right away, when you tell it.

Hmm, that poses another problem now I read what I am writing. I will have to have a good short 1 minute story about what ADD is, and why it should not let that stop that from hiring me ...

-- the Lay of Leithian. J.R.R. Tolkien

ADD inattentive / dex 60 mg/d

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luthien For This Useful Post:
ndnbutterfly (09-09-08), sloppitty-sue (09-10-08), xraylady33 (09-20-08)