View Single Post
Old 07-21-18, 09:21 AM

Thanked 1,350 Times in 556 Posts
InvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: the breakthrough i need to have

Michaelangelo once said that, without ever touching a Marble slab, he could see what it wanted to become. He saw his role as an artist, was to bring to life what the art wanted to become.

I'll be honest, I don't know what Self-Acceptance is. What does it really mean to accept your weaknesses, when your goal is to take medications that reduce the symptoms?

What are any of us, but prisoners in stone? That is to say, we're not unfinished art pieces. It's that we're unseen.

So why not see yourself first? And try to bring out the part of you that is hiding? See what's locked in stone before you try to change who you are, or accept who you are. Just see who you are.

But if I am wrong about Self-acceptance, then don't you need to see yourself first, before you can accept yourself?

The question is, can you see the best of yourself, and not just the worst? Can you see who you could be? Flaws and all?

Either way, every break-through story that I have heard, started with Self-awareness
acdc01 (09-04-18), peripatetic (07-21-18)