Thread: ADHD & Writing
View Single Post
Old 09-08-13, 11:36 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,909 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADHD & Writing

Are we talking long or short poems here? I'm a writer, but of complex sci-fi novels and I do need my medication just to get it all out in some sort of coherent order. And even then I may have difficulties.

I have had a few hyperfocused days of writing poetry. I wrote one for my mum when I couldn't think of what to get her for her birthday.

Only thing I can do well without meds is drawing and painting, but it's usually just something I can throw together quickly. I do much better on meds. There are a lot of steps to make a fine piece of art.

I like to read (if it's not too difficult to understand - physics book ugh!) when not on meds. I feel like I can be absorbed into the story more. I'm reading The Hunger Games on meds and I'm just not feeling it. So, I believe reading is my thing. Ah, before I was on meds if a book was really interesting I could finish it in a few days. I finished His Dark Materials in a week. I like to pace myself now so I can absorb certain amounts of information at a time.

And peeps, I'm gonna write my sci-fi again. Although I think I'm more of a photographer.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure if no-meds is better than on-meds when I do my photography. Looking back at my old concert shots I can see some pretty amazing shots. Now, on meds I tweak the settings a lot, I switch the lenses and I'm not as sharp on getting the rock moves, but I'm unphased by it. But when it comes to certain musicians I really want to capture the rock moves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
Illumination (09-11-13), zoomman (09-09-13)