Thread: ADD = asset
View Single Post
Old 10-09-13, 09:45 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,140 Times in 2,806 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADD = asset

I definitely know where your coming from with that. I think that's the heart of the issue. I suffer a lot from ADHD and I find the idea that it's not a "disability" very hurtful and dismissive. And often we hear things that are basically: Lunacie and Stevuke79 are lazy whinners, .. and they need to be a little more like that CEO.

When someone says ADHD is an ASSET, to I don't like the way that feels either. For me, it's not because of what THAT PERSON is saying; it's because they remind me of what SOMEONE ELSE SAYS. And I'm actually conflicted because I find the idea that ADHD=Asset very useful in understanding the nature of my mind. That aside...

While I don't go around here talking about how ADHD is "part gift", and I don't even expect everyone here to love that topic, I think when it's brought up people get very critical. All I'm saying is, to an extent, we're pointing our criticism in the wrong direction. ADHD=Part-Asset doesn't mean Stevuke79 is lazy or that ADHD is not a disability.

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax