View Single Post
Old 02-10-19, 04:10 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,421 Times in 10,806 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: self acceptance piece number, heh.... pondering about stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogheda98 View Post
I fully accept I'm smart
Are you sure that you fully accept it, though?

Most people I know who are super-smart and are comfortable with that don't keep mentioning how smart they are, nor drop their high IQ into every conversation.

I bring this up because you've been doing a lot of that lately, which gives the impression that you may still be somewhat insecure about it....? (If you've been operating for years under the mistaken belief that you're not smart, I can understand why you might feel like shouting from the rooftops that you are smart! But -- being brutally honest here -- it can be off-putting.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogheda98
to be able to formulate the simple and complex, appreciate a sunset just because and know the formation of the cosmo's that caused the sunset, and sunrise, in both the psychological and physical, to intertwine the beauty in everything, in everyone.
Yes, it is wonderful and satisfying to be able to appreciate the complexity and beauty of the universe on many levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogheda98
it's people like me [...] who can change the world,

that's always been the daunting call. either use my full potential or, not. and I've peiced together through therapy, change the inner world for the better to change the outer for the better.

[...]

I guess this is what me and my therapist said, get my sh** together, to answer the call.
I wish you continued success in your quest to "get [your] sh** together", to be the best you that you can be, and to change the world for the better.

Regardless of IQ/intelligence, I think that's what a lot of us are working to achieve.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Drogheda98 (02-10-19), Greyhound1 (02-10-19), Little Missy (02-10-19), midnightstar (02-10-19), stef (02-10-19)