View Single Post
Old 02-11-19, 09:53 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,501 Times in 10,851 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: self acceptance piece number, heh.... pondering about stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogheda98 View Post
even if I didn't do as good on the test as I think I did,(and I did some techniques before "the test is neither hard nor easy, it's just a test, a normal test) just knowing the feeling of doing work and having the notebook that shows that I did my work, the feeling of thoughts coming together and synthesizing, just knowing that feeling was a piece of the picture I needed
Yeah, this is what I meant about pride -- not the hubris kind, but the satisfaction of knowing you worked to achieve something, and succeeded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogheda
changing the subject just a bit (heh, categorization). before self consciousness had a negative conitation to it, now it doesn't. like, I don't even know why self conciousness HAD a negative bit to it.
Being aware of/tuned into yourself, your feelings, your strengths, your weaknesses -- that seems like a useful thing.

It's when you get so tangled up in worry about how you look to others that "self-consciousness" can be detrimental, when it distracts you from what you are really trying to do.

Quote:
I don't have to pick which part I like more than the other, I like both scientific stuff AND being part of a group.
Nah, they're definitely not mutually exclusive. I've seen some great groups do some great science (and have fun together).

Quote:
just lately, I've been putting more up the puzzle pieces together, and I think I might be starting to like myself.
That's a huge win right there.

Quote:
also sense just talking (well righting) all this out is helping, another thing I've found out about myself is sign in sheets [...] self imposed sign in sheets help tremendously. seeing the representation of myself through tie in sign in sheets, just... helps tremendously. I have a page in each of my notebooks that have one.
I don't know what you mean here. Can you explain how you use sign-in sheets (and what they look like)? Is it a way to hold yourself accountable, and/or to record your effort/progress?
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Drogheda98 (02-12-19)