View Single Post
Old 11-16-17, 10:25 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,789 Times in 8,902 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: This time really

Nothing tastes as good as feeling good feels.

No one else and nothing else can make you do it, nor make you want to, unfortunately, at least that's how I experienced it and hear many others describe their food addiction experiences.

Addictions are a b****, regardless of the thing one is addicted to. Especially when you have to do the thing that's become an addiction (eat) a couple times a day simply to sustain your life.

I found (in my case) it can only come from within, only once I'm truly ready, although I definitely never gently or gracefully enter into those kinds of changes by any means.

I had to go all the way to 324 lbs., become damn near bed ridden, end up with a list as long as my arm of diagnoses, and also partake in a visit to the ER in severe pain to think about it, along with the possibility of losing an organ, before I finally decided to change things.

Wishing you well and wellness in following through. It remains the most difficult thing I've attempted to do in my 50 years of existence. Even though I'm heading into year 3 of the changes, I still struggle in being surrounded by it all whenever I venture out.

Although no one else can make us change or make us truly want to, having sincere and strong support as we go through the uncomfortable transitions is priceless and very necessary.

Is your hubby finally on board, too, and is agreeing to no longer bring the stuff that you're trying to avoid into the house?

He's one of the external things that can definitely make your efforts much more difficult to do and can easily thwart your attempts, albeit unintentionally.

Crack addicts simply can't go into crack houses without being tempted.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-16-17), Fuzzy12 (11-16-17), Little Missy (11-16-17), stef (11-16-17)