Thread: Speaking
View Single Post
Old 10-20-18, 03:25 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,986 Times in 7,935 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speaking

Yeah, it's a LOT easier for me to find the words I'm looking for when I type them up instead of trying to speak them.

I use to stutter a lot when I was in high school. That's when my social anxieties and self esteem issues were at the lowest they've been in my life and I was constantly scared I was going to say something stupid.
I still stutter once in awhile...it's frustrating and embarrassing and I'm very self-conscious about it.

Another thing that happens to me quite a bit...is my mind will start racing and I'll get all these ideas in my head and they'll make perfect sense to me in my mind...so I'll start talking trying to find the words so others can understand...only my mind is racing so much that things get all jumbled lol...and I lose track of what I was thinking and it stops making sense and I can't come up with words that make sense...so I end up fumbling around trying hard to get my point across...only I'm pretty much just talking complete nonsense and no one understand and I look like a complete idiot who doesn't know a damn thing about what he's talking about. >.<'

That gets old!

I guess it just depends on where my self-esteem and confidence are at the time. I use to have horrible social anxiety and super poor self esteem and there's no way I could speak to a crowd.
But it's not nearly as much of an issue for me because a TON of my social anxieties have cleared up, and my self esteem is a lot better.

I do have plenty of down days though still

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-20-18), lisariver (10-20-18)