View Single Post
Old 06-24-12, 09:17 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,590 Times in 14,572 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just moved, waiting to see new doc....predicament!!

The best documentation I can think of would be records from your previous doc. Most doctors will feel more comfortable prescribing stimulants if theyve seen another doctor has done it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariwara View Post
This thread (and the ideas below) bring up a larger issue. What is the "right" documentation to show that you or I have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and are "qualified" to receive medication?

I travel a lot (internship in a different city every summer), and I'm constantly faced with being re-screened for ADD by psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, etc. I wish there were some sort of "ADD/ADHD registry" that would issue me a card that would certify me to receive my meds from any general practitioner.

On a similar note, how successful have people been in obtaining their meds from a random GP? I've just relocated again, I have about 1.5 weeks worth left of my medication, and I'm starting to get scared...I'm having trouble getting an appointment with a psychologist (in the SF Bay Area) in that timeframe.

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life--this thread just seems to have a lot of relevant stuff for the questions that I'm asking.

I carried a watermelon?