Thread: Driving?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-16, 10:51 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,904 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driving?

Nope, I can't drive.

I have poor eyesight, but with proper eyeglasses I could probably pass the eye test. (Maybe?)

But I am NOT a safe driver.

I took driver's Ed for 6 weeks, I practiced and practiced outside of that as well for hours (and terrified people)....for me, when I drive I can only focus on one thing. Really. So let's say I pick focusing on my speed limit. I would miss the stop signs, road lights, couldn't check the mirrors, couldn't focus on ANY other car around me. Oh yeah and I can't tell left from right without checking which hand makes a correct "L" so my sense of what direction the steering wheel should go when turning (especially since it is opposite or something?) was completely whacked. It was too overwhelming with all of the colors and moving objects and sensory overloading. That is freaking dangerous and thank goodness there was a person next to me who would then yell and take the wheel before something bad happened.

The max time I have ever been able to drive is 30 minutes and that is while I was medicated. It would leave me exhausted, overloaded.

And let's just say I get lucky and happen to be on a flat-driving area with no cars or signs for a long time...it makes me incredibly sleepy, almost like I'm hypnotized, and I zone out and forget I'm driving.

So yeah I'm a dangerous driver and do not drive. Not worth attempting to since I could harm myself or others and that would be incredibly bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Dreamsage (02-27-16)
Sponsored Links