Thread: Driving?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-16, 02:47 PM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,926 Times in 699 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driving?

Haha, wow, reading the posts above I am starting to see a pattern: we are not such great drivers! I have my driving licence since I was 19 (now I am 29), after finally passing the exam after 4 tries. I did not know that I had ADD, but my main struggle driving was concentrating. At first my lessons usually lasted 2 hours and the second hour was worthless because of my lack of focus, so I eventually changed this to 1 or 1.5 hours.

I have perhaps driven 2000 kilometers since getting my licence. That's not so much. Luckily I had no accidents or damage. When I drive I do think it a challenge to keep focussing, but I do put a lot of effort in this and this helps. I want to be very careful because my mind can easily wander off. Sometimes I do get in the flow after driving for a while; focussing is quite easy in that state of mind and I love this feeling.

I prefer to go by feet, bicycle or train. Still I think that if I would own my own car that I could get more used to driving and teach myself to stay focused. I just like to keep hope.