View Single Post
Old 09-11-04, 08:27 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Draga has disabled reputation
Doc...These Symptoms Sound Like me

Now a days I have been reading up on symptoms of different disorders and since I am ADHD & Bipolar...it feels like I got the most of disorders all in one...Anxiety, reading comprehension, Oppositional Defiant Disorder and if I talk 2 my mother or Doctor they both say the same thing..."Stop finding new disorders for yourself!"

Well ExSqueeze me when this disorder sounds like that disorder cause the symptoms are the same.....it is sooo easy to get it confused and I would hate to find out later on that I am being treated for the wrong disability. Don't get me wrong, I do trust this doctor...He's the best I have ever seen, I have a something I also want to ask him about. Well, I was reading the symptoms of Co-Dendacy....

An exaggerated sense of responsibility for the actions of others.
A tendency to confuse love and pity, with the tendency to “love” people they can pity and rescue.
A tendency to do more than their share, all of the time.
A tendency to become hurt when people don’t recognize their efforts.
An unhealthy dependence on relationships. The co-dependent will do anything to hold on to a relationship; to avoid the feeling of abandonment.
An extreme need for approval and recognition.
A sense of guilt when asserting themselves.
A compelling need to control others.
Lack of trust in self and/or others.
Fear of being abandoned or alone.
Difficulty identifying feelings.
Rigidity/difficulty adjusting to change.
Problems with intimacy/boundaries.
Chronic anger.
Poor communications
Difficulty making decisions.

Now THAT'S Me all over again...But is this the result of a very Bad Past or is this also an ADHD/Bipolar Symptom Combo?

To be honest...the major mistakes in my life and biggest regrets...pretty much when I quit my job without telling anyone and ran off with my exboyfriend cause I loved him (maybe starting to wonder did I ever after reading the list) so much that mine and everyone elses life didn't matter..and I felt terrible when I could not do more for him and it made me scared to be alone...<~~~~ Just A lil venting and moving on but...

How can I tell about the symptoms and my experiences w/o sounding like a hypocondriac...He may start thinking I am eager to find more disablities just so I can stay on SSI in a year..but of course that is not the case...I am exploring my mind to find out what makes me tic and what I can work on...So Far if it is just the ADHD & Bipolar Fine...Meds will work with some but not all...if co-dependancy is a different thing...then I may have something else to work on but I will also know where I stand and what to focus on....

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.