View Single Post
Old 05-20-08, 04:06 AM

dodderingof is on a distinguished road
Re: This Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurtx View Post
crumb. Had typed a whole post, and accidentally lost it. and I'm trying to get to bed "early" tonight! Grrrr.

Anyway, I've had sleeping problems for a few years. I'd fall asleep at
work, and take one or two 15 minute naps, one in morning, one in afternoon.
It's been getting worse. Last fall, my pdoc sent me to sleep center for overnight sleep study, he thought I had sleep apnea. Didn't, they said I had RLS and was on meds for that for a few months. Didn't seem to help. I'd have trouble falling asleep and/or wake up it seemed every hour or two through the night. Then I quit (with permission) the RLS meds, and took 10mg Sonata most nights. Then, pdoc switched me from 30mg/day Focalin to 60mg Ritalin. That helped the falling asleep at work. The past week or so, however, I've been getting sleepy, around 2 hrs. after taking 40mg Ritalin. I read elsewhere on this forum about someone taking their Lexapro right before bed, and sleeping through the night, so I've done that the past two nights, and have been sleeping through, maybe waking up just once or two. I'm not sure why I'm falling asleep at work again. On bad days, I take a 15 minute nap in morning and afternoon, and sleep for about 30 minutes at lunch. I have been working extra hours at a second job, but last night, for example, I got about 6.5 hrs. sleep. And it's only going to get worse the next few weeks being peak time.
Thanx for your post. I'm a newbie trying to slog thru the site. I've been taking Effexor for depression but taking it 1st thing in the AM. It never occurred to me to take it at night so I could get to sleep sooner. I loved the line about sleeping at work. I was an outside salesman before I retired and can't tell you the number of times I was awakened during the day in some parking lot by a cop asking if I was OK. Had a terrible time almost falling asleep at the wheel. Your post pretty much describes my condition except I am such a light sleeper that when I finally fall asleep I am literally awakened by everything. When I was on the road I dreaded checking into the hotel every night because of the constant noise. I hope you have solved your problem, you may well have solved mine.

No ADD meds, ADD/Inattentive, Effexor SR 150mg.
I have not failed. Iíve just found 10,000 ways that wonít work.