View Single Post
Old 08-13-08, 09:43 PM
Forum ADDvocate

DotwithADD is just really niceDotwithADD is just really niceDotwithADD is just really niceDotwithADD is just really nice
Re: This Forum

I think my problem (similar to y'all's) is that when my husband and dog are sleeping (yes, our dog, Belle is so spoiled) is the only time I can concentrate on using the computer (and check and reply to posts).. Then, like last night, I got distracted by all the good posts to reply to that I forgot to check online for jobs at our local medical organization hospital-offices, etc. until now... then when I tried to apply, it took so long to load that I exited out of it (cancelled, whatever.. in my own way).

So, I think my sleep problem is also a result of hot flashes (they keep me up, or wake me up) and night sweats as well as ADD. I try to take all my meds (Paroxetine and Arimidex) at night. Then take my Gabapentin that's suppose to help with hot flashes, for me anyway. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I'm supposed to take one 3x/day, but I forget... like I keep forgetting to take my calcium and vit. D supplements, etc. So I end up taking all 3 at night, but it no longer makes me sleepy. Now, tonight I finally remembered to take my meds (night meds) earlier, then at about 9:00 a.m. (maybe earlier??) I'll take a Benadryl that will help me sleep or get sleepy (the dr said it's okay).

Anyway... Usually at the last minute... I think of something else to start on... at about 1 or 2 in the morning. Which I did last night.

I have to wear earplugs at night to drown out my husband's snoring. Then I can try to go to sleep. His snoring is distracting... that's the only problem. Sometimes our dog snores too.

Well, this morning I stayed up, got on the computer (okay, not literally, LOL) and stayed on it until 12:00 p.m. I was going to take a nap and had my alarm set, but didn't go to sleep real good until just before it went off, so - what do I do? Why push the snooze alarm, of course... bad habit. I know I should put the alarm clock far away from the bed, but there's no where else to put it (we don't have any chest of drawers, etc. to put it on. So, I finally get to sleep (and layed on my good ear) but didn't hear the alarm go off... and slept through my dr's appt. (not a psych dr, just a regular family prac. dr.)...

I've got to get my b**t in gear before I start this semester then start working at Greenberg Smoked Turkeys this Holiday season, or the results will be "BAD"!

Okay, it's now 8:43 p.m., I'm going to take a Benadryl as soon as I click on "submit reply"... ready set... here I go...

SUCCESS COMES IN CANS NOT "CAN'TS"

Dx's: ADD, OCD,and MILD DEPRESSION, and occasional generalized anxiety (minor)

Breast Cancer Survivor since 2005
The Following User Says Thank You to DotwithADD For This Useful Post:
DeafNova (10-22-12)