View Single Post
Old 01-04-18, 02:39 PM
Forum Guru

Caco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud of
Re: I left my son at home this morning without a ride to school

I had the same problem. At age 8 I told my son he was going to start to be really stinky due to hormones and it was very important for him to take a shower every day. Our new morning routine was then:

1. Wake him up
2. Stand there until he stumbles into the shower
3. Make sure you hear the shower go on
4. Allow 30 minutes for shower
5. Knock on the door when he needs to be out in 10 minutes..this was usually when my son would wake up, because yes he was sleeping in the tub with the shower on, and do his business.

I alternated bringing his clothes into the bathroom at the 10 minute warning and letting him pick out his clothes, depending on how well he did on time if he picked his own clothes out. After the shower was brought into the morning routine it actually went pretty smoothly. I can also say that my 8 year old daughter now smells way worse than her 15 year old brother! He still on occasion misses the bus but he has the Uber app for cold/rainy days and his own two feet for the other days.