View Single Post
Old 03-02-18, 06:03 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,438 Times in 14,470 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ella is scared about moving on to biologics for her psoriasis.

Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease... it goes beyond the cosmetic.
Quote:
Despite its very visible appearance on your skin, psoriasis is fundamentally an autoimmune condition, not a skin woe. ... Of the 21 autoimmune diseases studied, 17 were found to be linked to psoriasis, including alopecia areata, celiac disease, scleroderma, lupus, and Sjogren's syndrome.
This blew my mind. I have Sjogren's syndrome!I was diagnosed about 2 years ago with it.
That at least makes more sense to me now with the genetic component.
After what Aeon shared though I feel truly afraid. What if I let her do this and something happens? How will I ever live with myself?What if we do nothing and she develops psoriatic arthritis? She has been receiving steroid injections in her head once a month for a long time. Other than when we did the laser treatments that's how we have handled it. The skin on her scalp is starting to thin so that is not even an option. The only topical she uses now is RX shampoo. We gave up on all the creams and foams. I just dont know what to do.

I carried a watermelon?