View Single Post
Old 01-11-16, 12:12 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,793 Times in 8,904 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: Tired all the time

I used to never exercise on purpose. I would attribute the walking I did to get to places at work, at home, in the community, or the activity during household tasks, etc. to be sufficient movement to qualify as daily activity.

We were never brought up with exercise as being part of our day, other than phys ed class, which I absolutely loathed as an overweight child. I lived with a fear of feeling exposed in locker rooms and exercising in front of others.

But now, I make it a point to jump, run, and bounce on the mini-trampoline, dance and use the hula-hoop, and use the aerobic exercise machine daily, for at least a few minutes each, to get my flow going. It makes all the difference in the world in mood, energy levels, and momentum.

I like to refer to it as purposeful movement vs just exercise. It sounds more inviting and feels a little more personal and peaceful.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Adenosine (01-16-16), DJ Bill (01-13-16), Fuzzy12 (01-11-16)