Thread: End of the line
View Single Post
Old 01-18-19, 06:18 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: End of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf2live View Post
I know Iím late responding to this
But this is my exact problem
Iím always justifying myself or making excuses
I need to stop and think before I speak
This is the only real issue when all is said and done
I can not control my mouth. Before I know it Iíve said this and that and turned a simple little thing into WWlll. What can I do to remind myself in that time of stress and anxiety to not speak right away? I know what I have to say or do but before I do that Iíve ruined it with my mouth
I developed an internal pause button- I literally tell myself to 'hit pause' before I respond when its something intense. I learned that not everything deserves an immediate answer. I am not always good at this but I have gotten better. I also know that I do not owe someone an immediate answer. If someone asks me to do something I am allowed to say "can I think about that and get back to you"?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Kasie B (01-18-19), Rebelyell (01-18-19), Surf2live (01-19-19)