View Single Post
Old 03-04-08, 10:05 AM
Contributor

NickL30 is a glorious beacon of lightNickL30 is a glorious beacon of lightNickL30 is a glorious beacon of lightNickL30 is a glorious beacon of lightNickL30 is a glorious beacon of lightNickL30 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: About to apply for disability :( I can't believe its come to this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingshadow View Post
I don't believe it is impossible to get a job even if you have been fired. But they just want to see that you have been doing some kind of work. You can make up anything you want on your resume and it may just suffice. But yes living expenses are not covered if you go to school. I already have a student loan - I got on a payment program to try and pay it off but I couldn't keep up the payments.
Then why are you even considering filing for disability?? If you worked 4.5 years at your last job, then you can just say you were working on temp or consulting projects since that time. I don't understand why you are even considering this.

When I discussed this with a few people, they all said I would be 'laughed out of consideration'. Apparantely, not being able to find a job in ones field is not sufficient ground for filing for SSDI. But 5 interviews in 2 weeks and not one offer makes me very worried. I drove 200 miles to one interview in the suburbs of Philly PA and was about to receive the offer until I couldn't produce 3 supervisory references.

But you are right, employers don't look favorable upon any type of employment gap for any type of reason even if you were in school full time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NickL30 For This Useful Post:
Jewelz81 (09-27-11), QueensU_girl (03-10-08)