View Single Post
Old 02-17-09, 10:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,635 Times in 884 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of
Re: Supplements specifically for inattentive type?

I do a lot of work for a very large, very well-respected world-renown clinic who has established a CAM Department (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) for patients whom have found that evidence-based medicine has failed them and/or who wish other well-educated options from a group medical professionals specifically trained in these areas. I have truly learned the value of thinking outside the evidence-based medical practice box from the recommendations and philosophies of these open-minded practitioners. They do stay very true to the research and make recommendations based on that, but also heavily turn to anecdotal information from the medical community and from within their own practice and collaboration from their professional colleagues in advising their patients, because they know from experience that there is value for non-evidence-based medicine for many individuals.

They do actually advise something similar to what Bookwurm posted above. So, if I wanted only evidence-based medical advise, I would go see someone like McTavish (I say that with utmost respect), and if I wanted someone with an interest and expertise in CAM, I woud seek those physicians out.

It all depends on what you want, and the world is big enough for everyone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrazzleDazzle For This Useful Post:
darkangel999 (11-26-12), doiadhd (05-11-10), Jewelz81 (11-11-11)