View Single Post
Old 05-21-15, 04:53 AM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,905 Times in 691 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
Exercise is my drug

I had an injury for 8 months, so I couldn't exercise that much... only swimming and cycling.

Well, exercise is my #1 ADD medicine, especially running, so it sucked. Fortunately I have found the issue (flat feet) and I have the solution as well (insoles). Now I can run again, and run about 20k per week, in addition to 2 swimming sessions and 1 long bike ride. I'm just starting.

I like the challenge. I feel like I need that in my life. As you may have guessed I train for triathlons. I get easily bored with things, so doing 3 sports in 1 is ideal for me. There is a lot of variation and SO much to learn! Competitions are lovely as well. One of my goals of this year is to end one competition in the top 10% and I think I will succeed (my last one, which I did without training I finished in the top 30%). I consider myself lucky to be able to do this.

I just need such challenges in order to feel alive. So I have accepted this, I will continue to push myself. I hope to do an Ironman somewhere this year, and that's just the start. They say that when you go for thrills you need bigger and bigger ones. Like a drug addict. Well that's too bad then, but my brain is like this.

Of course I'll use that brain to every now and then to think and stuff. I don't like to get really addicted to this.

But the main reason that I like exercise is that it helps me to get my brain under control - which is essential to be able to manage my life well. I get rid of my stress, I can concentrate much better and I have more willpower. And all of that for doing something I enjoy!

Do you feel the same about exercising and what do you do?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jacksper For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (05-23-15), Drogheda (05-23-15), Jenn1202 (06-06-15), Tmoney (05-21-15), TygerSan (05-23-15), Unmanagable (05-23-15)