View Single Post
Old 06-11-12, 11:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,111 Posts
Joker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: science, math, or physics background ?

That is me, too. I love biology, microbiology etc. I liked genetics a great deal. I like chemistry a lot. I found chemistry lab very interesting and exciting.

Math i am weak at. It does not interest me. I find this with Physics too. It is kind of funny. They told me i could not take chemistry without taking college algebra. I took Chem 1 & 2, Organic Chem 1 & 2, and Biochemistry without College Algebra.

I HAD to take math to graduate, but i put it off til the end. I needed it for my major (Biology and Nursing). I had to have Statistics for nursing and had already taken that, too, even though College Algebra was a prerequisite. I did not take College Algebra until the 2nd semester of my senior year, and i took it as a night class at a Jr college and transferred it in. I was supposed to take a 3 credit hour Calculus, too, and was planning to take it that summer, and the university sent me a letter congratulating me for completing all the requirements for my May graduation. So i graduated and received my degrees WITHOUT taking that Calculus class i "needed" for a Bachelors in Biology. I was not unhappy about this, because I had taken math in high school and had a terrible time with it.

Hopefully i cannot be stripped of my degrees for lucking out of that Calculus class. It was 17 years ago. LOL. I passed my nursing boards without any trouble and have been an RN since then, too.

I think most of the problem is, it was never taught to me the way it should have been, and i have developed a phobia about it. I can figure out and answer algebra problems in my head often. I just dont know how to write it out on paper.

I adore biology and chemistry, though.

The Drifters Game:http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141997
The Following User Says Thank You to Joker_Girl For This Useful Post:
Drewbacca (06-12-12)