View Single Post
Old 08-17-13, 11:35 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Do antipsychotics make ADHD worse or make stimulants work worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdpi View Post
Why? Are these kind of stories common with schizophrenia?

I live in a psychiatric care facility with many schizophrenics and have also been in many mental hospitals. What you describe sounds exactly like the way most schizophrenics I have known speak. I knew one guy who believed the government was out to get him because he had found a cure for cancer and the drug companies didn't want it getting out. I felt bad because I knew he was cheeking his Seroquel and didn't tell the staff. Three days after he left the hospital I saw him on the news. He had burned down his house.

Stimulant treatment for schizophrenics is very difficult, almost impossible, because antipsychotics will counteract the effects of stimulants, if not erasing them completely, and stimulant medication in schizophrenics who are not on antipsychotics will almost always trigger psychosis.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)