View Single Post
Old 05-13-18, 07:38 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold
Re: Nutritional Ketosis

I lost almost 40 lbs going keto. I did use the strips at first but after you are in full ketosis they aren't accurate because your body has adapted to using the ketones so they aren't flushed out.

On keto my rocesea and skin cleared up. It regulated my hormones so much that I had a period. Have not had one in years due to the way I take my birth control to prevent them. Being asexual I only take the birth control for the polycistic ovary syndrome. So I can definitely tell you that it does affect hormones. Because I have PCOS I am insulin resistant which explains why I've always had problems with my weight. Keto was suggested to me because I have PCOS. On keto I was dropping weight like mad. I actually had to up my daily intake of carbs to slow it down.

Through my health exam for work I found I had also lowered my triglycerides to a normal level. They were previously a little on the high side. My digestive problems went way completely as well.

Right now I can't do keto because I'm on the Adderall can't-manage-to-eat-solid-food diet. I think I accidentally became anorexic.

My goal with keto was to drop the weight I wanted and then maintain a lower carb lifestyle but add in some whole grains and more fruit. I didn't intend to do it forever but while I was on it I only saw pros and no cons.

When I go back on and get fully back into keto I would be very interested to have full lab work done to see if I have the proper vitamins and minerals for example. Check cholesterol.

A dietitian may know better than me but I had a great experience with it.