View Single Post
Old 07-10-18, 05:00 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold
Re: Considering quitting adderall

I just had this happen recently so I can assure you that you are talking about a very slippery slope on or off medication.

I was doing fine, mood stable (bipolar, if your moods are switching you may want to mention it to your psych), doing well in job and personal life. Very active and exercising regularly. Then all of a sudden everything started to drop. First my moods were swinging uncontrollably from hour to hour. Then I started the trip down. Distancing myself from everyone, feelings of hopelessness, etc. Stopped exercising. Then I essentially had a mental breakdown last week and missed 3 days of work. I just couldn't. Couldn't talk to anyone, get out of bed, do anything, eat, nothing.

And I was on my full dosages of medications at the time. This was break through depression.

Now I'm on more mood stabilizer and doing well.

If you want to try to stop taking the adderall I'd talk to your doc first. The way I see it could go one of two ways. Either you stop all meds or your take adderall and pick another med. (Antidepressant or mood stabilizer. almost no one gets either one right on the first go). Either is an option and it's entirely up to you. If you pick wrong sucks to be you for a month or two but you get over it.