View Single Post
Old 09-03-18, 07:11 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,063 Times in 15,336 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Adderall IR really PRN??

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenuh216 View Post
I was told Adderall IR is fine PRN, but now I'm getting mixed reviews. People are saying you need to take it daily for a period of time to see if it works, and to allow your body to get used to it.
I believe in taking it daily because adhd causes daily impairments. If it didnt it wouldnt be adhd.
Quote:
Also, do you guys take it on an empty stomach? I have called two different pharmacists and each tells me different things.
Yes and no. I had gastric bypass ten years ago and because of absorption issues and the smaller stomach I am starving when I get up. I tend to eat right away but only something small and take my meds. Both happen in the first 10 minutes of being awake. That is not to say I dont have days where I dont eat for an hour but take my meds on an empty stomach. In both cases I do not notice a difference.

Quote:
Pharmacist #1: Take on an empty stomach and wait 60 mins before eating. They also said a headache was normal in the beginning and I need to allow my body to adjust and to take daily to allow it to happen.

Pharmacist #2: Take with food and headaches aren't normal.

Sometimes I think what pharmacists say is subjective.

I carried a watermelon?