View Single Post
Old 12-14-06, 03:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of~Ødd~Scr~θθball has much to be proud of
Question Hypersensitivity

Sorry this post is a little long but I had much to say
I know even without benefit of a doctor diagnosis that right along with my A.D D, and Dyscalculia, I definitely have Sensory Intergration Disorder. My mother has baby pictures of me exhibiting that old startle reflex long past the age when it's expected to disappear. I was and am still hyper-alert to strange and/or loud noises, even soft noises like clicking fingernails against a table or a repetitious bird call irritates me to the point of hair-pulling Distraction! Too much movement going on around me makes me as dizzy as if I was riding on those "Drunken Barrel" ride at Six Flags. If some-one touches me unexpectedly I jump as though electrocuted. Seams in my socks really bother me. I wear mine inside-out and stretch them so the seam sits in a less sensitive area.I hate clothing labels at the back of my neck and absolutely avoid elasticized polyester stretch pants like the black plague! Most disconcerting of all is the un-explained all-over skin itching that occurs and the unexplained ear touch sensitivity that has caused two fainting spells.
Anyone else out there have this odd ear touch sensitivity that's located not in my lobe but in the upper part of my ears? I would really like to know if I'm alone in this or are there others out there who suffer this odd hyper sensitivity? My mom thinks it has to do with the nerves being to close to the surface but whatever causes it-it is really troublesome.
Thanks for any and all responses.

That's me, Odd-Scrooball