View Single Post
Old 07-24-09, 02:16 PM
Contributor

NekoGirl has a spectacular aura aboutNekoGirl has a spectacular aura about
Angry Just missed my !*#@ ADD appointment

I can't believe how upset I am... I missed my appointment I'd been waiting on for about three weeks. I was supposed to see a counselor who had experience dealing with ADD. Irony of ironies, I missed the f'ing appointment. I had SOMEHOW gotten it into my head that the appointment was at 2pm, when I had it written down in THREE DIFFERENT highly organized places that I should be there by 12:45. Three!

How do I do this to myself, over and over? I was just sitting here knitting, wasting time away, when I could have been at my damn appointment. Why didn't I just LOOK at my sched book- that's what the h*ll it's there for!!!!

I feel like I'm trying, I'm running and running, but only in circles. It simply just does not occur to me to do things such as check on time. I can want to, I can remind myself to, but sometimes I just don't, and I really feel I have no control over it. I've tried in vain to control my symptoms for years, I'm working to be better... that's why I know it's not just a willpower thing, because I've tried for so long, and I can't even succeed at things I enjoy doing. How I'd love to be unproductive just because I felt like it! How nice to have the bloody choice!

Sometimes I just want to stop all this. I just want to be normal, instead of frantic, foggy, absent-minded. I want to be there for people in my life, how can I do that if I'm like this?

Ok I'm going to end this rant before it spills over more... just really unhappy with myself right now...

"The back of the class is where I was / Keeping quiet, playing dumb..."
The Following User Says Thank You to NekoGirl For This Useful Post:
APSJ (07-24-09)