View Single Post
Old 12-20-11, 03:47 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,312 Times in 2,016 Posts
LynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vitamin D deficiency is often misdiagnosed as FMS or CFS

Yes! I am a big vit 'd' advocate; I take it for heart health in attempt to stave off the inevitable heart disease that is a genetic condition in my family.

There has been a correlation found between low vit 'd' levels and seasonal affective disorder and depression. There is also a correlation between low vit 'd' levels and onset of MS.

If you are going to supplement, the best absorbed 'd' vitamin is d3 (cholcalciferol) in the form of an oil-based gel-cap, or liquid drops in an oil base. Personally, I take 4000iu/day, and I give my son 1000iu per day. I have my level tested every 6 months or so, and this amount puts me in the mid-range of the recommended level.

If you are interested in learning more about vit 'd', google "vitamin 'd' council" Lots of good links to follow...
ETA: Whoops! I see I'm practicing necromancy here! Anyway, it's still good info!
Sponsored Links