View Single Post
Old 12-21-11, 10:16 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,694 Times in 1,211 Posts
mrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond reputemrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond reputemrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond reputemrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond reputemrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond reputemrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond reputemrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond reputemrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond reputemrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond reputemrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond reputemrs. dobbs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vitamin D deficiency is often misdiagnosed as FMS or CFS

I've not been diagnosed or even thought of myself as having CFS or FM, but I am extremely fatigued and achy and foggy. I attribute it to depression, but then again I'm so used to feeling tired and in pain that I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm more worried about my vitamin D levels currently.

I've been taking 2000iu of D3 liquid in fractionated coconut oil, on my tongue, daily for several months now, but I am pregnant, have brown skin and live in Scandinavia. I'm going to increase my dosage as well. I have read studies that dark skinned and modestly dressed (i.e. full hijab/abaya-wearing) women living here in the north, not suprisingly, have severe vitamin D deficiencies. What's more is that the vitamin D deficiency among modestly dressed and or dark skinned women living here where there's limited daylight half the year, has been correlated with an increase in autism in our babies born here. I don't dress modestly (no religion/not from an immediate cultural background that does), but I as I said I am brown skinned and have spent very little time in the sun. I am also plus sized and probably vitamin D deficient before I moved here-- though I lived in sunny Southern California. SAD and I suspect vitamin D deficiency are currently making me severely depressed, maybe more depressed than I've ever been (and I have had depression my entire life.) I've talked to a couple of people and they say they've taken the near-toxic dosages to get vitamin D stores in the liver up to a decent level, and say it takes months. I have also read that people often get shots to get their levels up and maintain with vitamin supplements. I'm trying to figure out what dosage I need to take to get out of this depressive pit and make sure my baby doesn't have autism. It's not easy to get elective blood tests through the national health service, but I think I will call and ask my ob-nurse tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrs. dobbs For This Useful Post:
LynneC (12-22-11)